Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Artistic Statement

My portfolio will show case some of my art work I have worked on for the past semester. You will find pictures done by me and only me. I have worked very hard on my shots and on the photoshop portion of them. I feel very proud and accomplished because i know that i did work hard, and it pays off.

Over the course of this semester, i have learned so many things that i would have never known without taking this class. This class has single-handedly taught me to look at things in a much different perspective. I see the world in a different light. I feel that i was most successful with picture taking. I am very good at taking a picture from different angles and making it work, even without Photoshop. I think the thing that i struggled with the most was being creative with photoshop. It was hard for me at times to just come up with an idea and making it work. Im very grateful for Ms. Cook, and how she helped me throught the whole Photoshop process.

I can improve by brainstorming my ideas more, and not just sticking with the first idea that comes into my mind. I have definatley seen improvement in my picture taking abilities. How pictures are so different than snapshots. Before i used to just think a picture was a picture, and it didn't matter what angle it was taken at, or what was in the background. But now i know better.

I have also learned that you can't always depend on your partner for help, and sometimes in life, you have to do your own thing because sometimes people don't have the skill to help you.

No comments: